Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Bottle Day: Dark Belgian Strong Ale

It has been almost three months since I brewed this Dark Belgian Strong Ale.  The recipe is based on a clone recipe I saw for Chimay Blue. I hope the extra time in the secondary helped mesh together all of the complex flavors. 

The smell was awesome going into the bottle so I can only hope it tastes just as good as it smells.  It finished out a bit drier than expected and fermented down below 1.010 and finished around 1.007.  It bumped the expected ABV from 9% up to 10%.

The thread that contained the recipe on Homebrew Talk stated that this was a pretty excellent beer after one month in the secondary and two weeks in the bottle.  With that in mind I will taste this at the two week mark in the bottle - especially since it sat for 3 months in the secondary.

I will follow up in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment