Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tasting Day: Hard Lemonade - AKA Yeti Juice

Potential label design if we feel the recipe
is worthy of repeated batches.
I would get thefancy reusable cling labels.
This Friday I cracked open the first Hard Lemonade - or Yeti Juice as it will be called around here.  The friend I made it for has the nickname Yeti.  He has be slugging Mike's Hard Lemonade all summer and I wanted something better for him.  So I made a home-brewed malted lemonade that clocks in right around 7% ABV.

I hate to say it, but this turned out really well.  I really enjoy how crisp and clean it tastes and how easy this is to drink.  At 7% I can after 4 of them on Friday I was in a good spot.


Appearance - Crystal clear, super pale yellow.  It looks like someone took a full lemon and juiced it into water.  It shows great signs of carbonation with Champagne-like bubbles coming from the bottom of the glass.

Mouthfeel - Cider/Champagne like.

Taste - If I had to sum it up in one phrase it would be "Lemon Cider".  The Champagne yeast fermented it to a nice dry flavor profile.  Just a hint of lemon flavor and just a hint of malt.

Overall -  The only thing I may do to improve this is to add more sugar - either table sugar or honey for a bigger punch and to add a bit more sweetness on the back end.  I used a half tablespoon of Splenda per bottle.  I think its pretty near perfect but so far everyone has commented on how dry it is.

Only one thing left now. What to see what the Yeti has to say!


No comments:

Post a Comment