Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Bottle Day - Pliney the Elder IPA Clone

Today was bottle day for the Pliney the elder clone that I have brewed up.  I am interested in using carb tablets so today I tested the Brewers Best carb tablets.  I went with 4 tablets per bottle which should give me "medium" carbonation.  The photo you see on the left is the hop residue left over.  This was all from dry hoping and there is no yeast on the bottom.  That is one inch of hops sitting on the bottom with a good lacing on the carboy.  I strained the beer through a hop bag when going into the bucket to clear it out.

The smell is very nice right now.  As you can guess, its very hop forward but it has a sweetness in the smell.  Very fruity.

The taste matches the nose.  It's very fruity and sweet up front but it finished with a very bitter bite.  This should be an interesting beer.  Here's to hoping that the carb tablets work well and we have a great beer in two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment