Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tasting Day - Barn-Cat Black Sour Stout - 2 Months

This is the two month mark of the Barn-Cat Black being in the bottle. The carbonation is great.  The flavor seems the be a bit young.  Its not as crisp as it was at the one month mark.  I think some of the roast flavors are coming out a bit more and creating a muddied effect of the flavor.  Time to let them sit for another month and then taste another.  I will be curious to see how this beer changes over time.  For my first attempt at blending back a beer that was too sour I am extremely happy with how it turned out.  I can only hope that it gets better as it ages.  About once a month you can look for a new tasting note from me.


  • One Month - Carbonation great.  Flavor seems bright and lightly sour.  Well balanced. 
  • Two Month - Great carbonation again.  Flavor seems less bright.  Roast and sour are clashing a bit on this one.  The beer is finding itself.

1 comment:

  1. I know, right? While a Buy Archeage Gold thin drive is cool and all, I'd much rather have more space in something the size of a deck of RS Gold cards than less space in something slightly smaller. Even my caveman mind can understand that if you make something that Archeage Gold has 1/4 the capacity of something else, it Cheap Archeage Gold will probably be 1/4 smaller.

    ReplyDelete