Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Preview Tasting Day: Three Blind Mice "Brett" IPA

This is the second time I have brewed this beer.  The previous run was exactly the same as this run - until the secondary.  This time I decided to put this beer on a bit of 100% mango juice I got from Whole Foods.  I only brewed a 3 gallon batch and by the time I got to secondary I really only had 2.5 due to dry hop trub taking up a large portion on the bottom of the fermentor.  Since I only had a small 2.5 batch I only used 16oz of the fruit juice.  This comes in at a mere 5% of the beer.  I figured 5% was small enough that I was not going to ruin the beer.  I also thought 5% would be enough to play a supporting role in the beer.  This is just a preview tasting day.  Meaning I am going to officially do the tasting notes when I have a little get together August 22nd.

I would like to say at this time that I find the beer to be fantastic.  Great hop aroma, great hop taste and the yeast and the fruit juice mingle so well with the hop and malt that its blends into a great mix.  It's a great summer time IPA.

More to come on the 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment