Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Vorpbrew - Back in Business

It feels like I have not brewed a beer for fun in a long time.  Don't get me wrong. I loved brewing beer for the wedding but it's time to brew beer and not have to worry about 150 people liking it.  A brew day is coming and it will yield a Heady Topper clone.  I have been wanting to try one of the New England IPAs for a long time now.  Hope my version comes out good.

More importantly I finally went to my parents and got my tap gear that has been at their place since the wedding.  So that means Vorpbrew is back open.  I had a Mexican Mocha Stout last night and it still tastes great.  It really has not aged at all in the keg. Tasted the same as it did almost three months ago.

I also drank a Roosters Red when the Pens won the cup on Sunday.  After a year in the bottle it seems to be losing some of its punch.  One thing I need to keep in mind is this beer is now almost three years old.  Its losing some of its crisp sourness that it had last year when I first drank one.  Its becoming a more deep and rounder flavor.  I like it crisper. Just my preference though.

Can not wait to brew this IPA and get it on tap so I can have a nice beer to sip on the deck.  I also want to get my sour program back on target with my normal timing.

Up next: an actual brew day post!


No comments:

Post a Comment