Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Angry Dwarf Christmas Ale - Update

The Angry Dwarf has finished primary fermentation.  It went quick and fast going from Saturday through Thursday morning. It slowed Thursday morning and then by the evening there was no activity in the airlock.  I let it sit Friday and Saturday and just moved it to the secondary carboy.  All looks well.  It smells great too.  If it tastes half as good as it smells we should be in business.

I added another 1.5lb of sweet cherry in the secondary since I was short on brew day.  There should be a short burst of fermentation until the remaining yeast chews through the sugars in the sweet cherries.  

I took a quick taste and it currently is very alcoholic with some honey and cherry flavor really coming though.

I will let it sit for two weeks and then bottle and mature until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment