Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year - New Brews

I've spent most of the last year on Belgian recipes like a Traditional Saison, Flanders Red Sour Ale, Belgian Dark Strong Ales, Holiday Belgians and Golden Ales.

Overall most have been pretty good. The Saison and the Dark Strong Ales were the best of the year with the Holiday Belgian (Angry Dwarf) was a close third.  

This year I plan to continue sour path.  A Riesling oak barrel will hold my Lambic inspired beer that I plan to start by the end of January.  The Flanders Red Sour Ale aging in the Cab Sauv barrels will be ready for their first tastings.  Also in the plans for this year will be a Belgian Funky IPA brewed with 100% Brett yeast. I'm sure more will be brewed and more inspiration will come as I try more beers and read more blogs.  

Here's to the 2014 brewing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment