Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Taste Test - Angry Dwarf Holiday Ale

Christmas has come and gone.  I was sick but found enough time to go to the family gathering and do a taste test of the Angry Dwarf next to some Mad Elf.

First up was the 2013 Mad Elf - Cherry flavor was more in the background.  Pretty sweet flavor overall.  String alcohol taste though.

Next was the 2012 Mad Elf - The cherry flavor really came out in the older version. This one tasted more like booze though.

Finally was my Angry Dwarf. You know what I think of it based on my previous post. So here is what the general thoughts from the rest of the family are.  Everyone thought the cherry flavor - both tart and sweet - was more prominent and made it something a bit more special than the Mad Elf.  The reduced ABV due to the BIAB method was a happy accident.  Coming in at 9.5% its still a big beer but it does not taste boozy like the Mad Elf.

Overall this was huge success.  My friend Speedy is the one I brewed this for so we will see what he says this weekend.

Looks like this will be the new holiday brew.

On another note, I got a lot of gift certificates and the new Dark Star Burner.  It's time to brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment