Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Brew Update - Peach Berliener Weiss

After two weeks of primary fermentation with Brett Trois and Belgian Golden Yeast my Berliener Weiss has move over to the secondary.  I added 4 bags of peaches (12oz) to the 3 gallons of brew.  I hope to get a nice 2-2.5 gallons of a great summer weiss beer. 

I tasted the beer as i took the hydrometer reading and it had a slight acidic bite.  It was very mild and hopefully the sweetness from the peaches will meld wit lactic sour to give me something similar to Dog Fish Peche.

It already a very dry beer at 1.008.  Maybe the secondary fermentation with the fruit can pull it down another notch or two with the Brett Trois still lingering around in the secondary.  I plan to age on the peaches for one week and then bottle and serve ASAP.


No comments:

Post a Comment