Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wyeast Labs - French Saison Yeast - Farmhouse Saison Ale Update

So back in late April or early June I brewed a traditional Saison from the Farmhouse Ale book.  See previous post here.

So I felt I needed to do a follow up because after our move I found two bottles of this Saison left.  Cracked one open and didn't even know what it was at first smell and taste.

This beer completely changed.  And it has changed for the better. Way better. I am going to let the other one age another two months to see how that tastes but at 6 months in the bottle this beer is amazing for a Saison.  Crystal clear.  Perfect carbonation and the funky flavor associated with the typical Saison is just so much more refined.

If you are using White Labs French Saison keep a few bottles and let them sit in the bottle 6 months before you crack one open. If you had the success that I did you wont regret it.  If the 8 month version is better I will post some more notes on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment