Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Bottle Day: 100% Singularite

It is a week late but I finally bottled the 100% Singularite.  Smelled like a fruitier version of a simple pale ale.  Should be pretty dry.  The FG is currently reading at 1.010 and I assume that to go done a bit more while in the bottle conditioning stage.

Here are some photos from the bottle day:

You can kind of see the dusty pellicle that the Brett Claus created.  Again, this beer is 100% Brett C.  The "S" on the carboy is for "Sour".  I have sectioned off my equipment so I do not infect any of my other beers.

This is what it looked like after 5 weeks in the secondary.  This brew started on January 27th and has gone into the bottle on March 19th.



This is a view into the carboy.  You can see the pellicle a bit better and the pieces of "dust".

A lot of the pellicle dropped out once I moved it into my bottle room - AKA on top of my washer.

It really picked up growth in the last week to week and a half




Here is a blurry view of the hydrometer reading.  In this photo it looks like it may even be down to 1.008.  This is one of the clearest and lightest beers I have ever brewed.  I imagine ALL of the flavor is going to come from the yeast.  Should be interesting once it is time to taste. 

Can't wait to try it.

I will probably due a tasting in about two weeks and see how it is going and leave the majority sit for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment